Happy 2011!

It will be, that is my intention. After a cozy and frenetic December, the new year dawns cold and bright. No plans for world domination yet, but definitely PLANS. I will need to grow Dragonfly Fibers if I want to be able to keep at it. Seem to me that the key to this is new customers and better communication. Oh, and knowing my numbers (blah, blah, blah...brain just put its fingers in its ears and said "I can't hear you!").



So, stay tuned for new website. It really is going to happen. I already have a new font, thanks to Laura Blueswirly, marketing genius and graphic designer extraordinaire. Looking at shopping Cart software; so far Big Cartel and Zen cart are in the running. Anyway, anything you'd love to see me do this year with the business, or the yarn and fiber, please let me know. Comments are great, and email is especially great: katechiocchio@verizon.net. I'm pretty sure we will not be adding any more animals to the household, so that's out;) but I promise to keep you posted on the the little beasties' progress.

For now, I have a few things to share this week. Club Dragon Witch, as you may know, is a collaborative effort between me and Brittany Newberry of Knit Witch fame and 6 fabulous designers. Every other month, starting in February, we will send a skein of yarn and a pattern, including but not limited to socks. I believe that this year will be even more fun than last, so join us, ok? The club will stay open through next.
I also want to let you know that I'll be doing a miniclub, starting this Friday. I'll be offering December Baby and a few of last winter's colorways (Winter Twilight anyone?) in a range of yarns and fibers. To influence my choices, go to this thread in my Ravelry group.



In the meantime, I have been knitting and spinning. Above is my sweetie's Christmas present, a cabled scarf in SG Bugga!, Hologram Moth colorway. This is my first time knitting the stuff and I do get it! A treat for the eyes, and the fingers. Hopefully, it'll be a treat for jack's neck this winter:)

This pretty thing is half of the collar of Cassis, knit in my Blue Face Worsted in colorway Hidalgo. I'm making it for my Rav group Sweater Kal. And no, these are not my only projects...



This beauty is n-plied Polwarth in the tempest colorway from Cloudlover. Lovely dye work on an amazing fiber. i'm in love with the yarn, and I think it may become a present for a good friend, she says mysteriously.

So, what's cookin' for you this year?